1st Financial Federal Credit Union was chartered on September 3, 1968 as District 837 Credit Union by the International Association of Machinist members employed by McDonnell Douglas. The purpose of the credit union was to pool member savings and to provide loans to members at reasonable rates of interest. Within six months of opening, we had 278 members, $4,140.95 in deposits, and $3,009.75 in loans.
In March of 1979 we changed our name to Aerospace Credit Union. We continued to grow and prosper and in 1993, our name changed once more to Aerospace Community Credit Union to reflect our new community charter.
In the fall of 2006, Aerospace Community Credit Union changed its charter from state to federal and officially changed its name to 1st Financial Federal Credit Union on November 15, 2006.
Today, 1st Financial is a full service financial institution dedicated to helping our members achieve their financial dreams. We serve the City of St. Louis, St. Louis County and St. Charles County, Missouri and a wide array of companies throughout the St. Louis metropolitan area.
Our MissionSave you money. Make you money. Save you time. That's why we exist.
Our Service Promises
- We promise to provide you with service so great you will never want to leave us
- We promise to listen to you and offer appropriate solutions
- We promise to recommend products and services that are in your best interest
- We promise to act with integrity
- We promise to take ownership of your requests
- We promise to make decisions that benefit you, the owners as a whole